Under our "No Politics" rule of the Namido Christian Martial Arts Yudanshakai, We offer the opportunity for our members to continue earning rank in various arts that our Board Members are experienced in and able to assemble a rank board. All ranks will be tested for in this Yudanshakai! If you are ranking as a student to yellow belt, Shodan, or you are 70 years old and ranking to 5th dan, all ranks will be tested for. If you are unable to travel or go to one of our schools. We will accept a video testing for evaluation based on the cirriculum agreed upon by the Board. We will need a Copy of your Certificates of previous ranks, with proper time and grade between each rank. We will need a list of instructors and phone numbers for evaluation before testing. Below is a list of Chairmen that will be in charge of assembling your rank board in the area of your martial art.
1. Japanese/Okinawa Arts- Shihan Jody Pittman
2. Malaysian Arts/Phillipine Arts/Kick Boxing/ Western Malay- Shihan Larry Ingle
3. Chinese Arts/ Jeet Kune Do/ Gung Fu- Sifu Robert Kitchin
4. Korean Karate and Hapkido Arts- Kwang Jang Craig Hamm
5. Namido Traditional Kodokan Judo- Sensei Masa Yamada/Shihan Michael Frazier
6. Japanese Jujitsu- Shihan Michael Frazier
7. American Kenpo/ Kenpo Jitsu- Shihan Craig Hamm
Time in Grade Requirements:
Average time from White to Shodan (black belt) 3 to 4 years
1st degree to 2nd degree= 2 years
2nd degree to 3rd degree= 3 years
3rd degree to 4th degree= 4 years
4th degree to 5th degree= 5years
5th degree to 6th degree= 6 years
6th degree to 7th degree= 7 years
7th degree to 8th degree= 8 years
8th degree to 9th degree= 9 years
10th degree is reserved for the founder/Soke of the art.
If you meet the time in grade from your last rank and the criteria for your next rank and you have lost contact with your instructor or he has deceased and you can't further your rank in your art, you are welcome to contact us at the emails listed on the site for scheduling your rank testing. God bless.